Wednesday, May 23, 2007

OK, Now What

I’m not usually a guy who struggles to find something to say or have an opinion about any number of subjects. So…when I was told over the winter that XM was starting a new one hour radio show for all the Andretti Green Racing drivers, I probably showed the most enthusiasm for the idea. I thought it would be great to have a weekly outlet from which I could wax eloquently about whatever was on my mind. That was the beauty of the show’s concept; we could talk about whatever we wanted. That’s also turned out to be the toughest thing about the show.

This week I get a break from the show. My teammates (Tony, Dario, Mike, Marco, and Danica) take over live from the infield of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway where they get to interact with some fans and answer questions and talk about how they feel about their Indy 500 chances. It is always interesting when you have unscripted questions from the fans, especially if they’ve been out in the sun for hours downing beers like there might be a $100 bill at the bottom of the next bottle, so I’m sure the show will have some memorable moments.

But for me, I’m already trying to figure out what I want to talk about next week. I think I am actually stressing about it. I think I’m still trying to find my groove with the show, cause I really want to do something that people will enjoy listening to. I’ve already covered a lot of different ground from week to week, from interviewing Alfonso Ribeiro (you know him as Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air) to pissing off a large number of Tony Stewart fans by suggesting NASCAR drivers are less athletic than their open wheel counterparts. I’ve even gone a little "Kathie-Lee" and discussed my son’s karting races on air. So what do I say next? I’m really not sure, hopefully you guys will tune in next week and we’ll find out together.

Bryan

No comments: